Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's Valentine's Day, everybody!


Happy Valentine's Day to all my readers! This is the day when chocolate, roses, gifts, jewelries, diamonds and romantic date come out without any reserve. But mind you all, don't let this day be the day when your pocket gets drain and your saving account becomes empty! You don't need to go all crazy just to make this day special and memorable. The love that you're celebrating is special enough.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I got a couple of request from my guy friends for me to make a special jewelry set for their beloved ones. Pretty romantic, these guys, aren't they? When I teased why don't you just buy the ready made ones, most of them said it's more special to have it custom made. Well, one said because it's cheaper! So, I started with asking them what color do they like and if I happen to know their girlfriends, it's easier. I know what they like! Anyway, my point is, if you're looking for a gift to give your love one, it's more romantic to have them custom made.

Another guy friend of mine out of the blue insist on asking me to teach him to make a simple bracelet so he could do it himself. I guess, it's more special and personal that way too! I would go all giddy and over the moon if my fiancé present me with a bracelet and tells me that he made it himself... *hint...hint.... Anyway, I taught him the simplest bracelet making technique and he got it down pretty well. The bracelet was adorable, I might add!

So, if any of you out there decided to go all pro and fancy and buy your girl diamond jewelries instead, let me remind you not to ignore the 4C factors. Remember, take note of the carat, clarity, cut and color. These determines good diamonds. If you want to spend a lot of money on something, might as well pick out the best among the best, right? If you have no idea what I'm talking about, means you haven't read my previous post. So, read it here.

On the other hand, if your love one is a pearl girl, there are 5 points that you must take not. Which are: nacre, surface, luster, shape and size. Nope, you couldn't just simply pick out a strand of pearl necklace without considering these quality check. Because even if you couldn't tell the different, you girl could. Here is my previous post for men regarding how to buy a quality pearl.

So, men, I wish you all the best. And ladies, start practicing your surprise and super grateful expressions! Have a lovely Valentine's Day everybody!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ordered flowers online for my wife. But it failed reaching her. They said their dropshipper is the one to blame. What ever may be the cause, I was disappointed as I faild to surprise my wife.
-mark
uk flower wholesalers

Fadila & Alan said...

Hello Mark,
We're so sorry to hear that. But it's ok, for sure you your wife understands that you tried. However, a little advice, we strongly suggest for you to be buy flower directly from your florist, not through online during these kind of holiday. It's because Valentine's Day will be a super busy day for these florist to ship out orders. Anything could happen even when they tried their very best.

All and all, try again next year, my friend :)